The National Pastoral Department was set up in 1996 in accordance with the overall mission of the Church, to evangelize, (Mt. 28:19) and the vision of the First African Synod of church as family.
The on going formation of both Priests and Laity is given a great priority so that the laity can be allowed in collaborative ministries.
The department coordinates and empowers the commitment to evangelization in Zambia by organizing and conducting seminars, providing facilities for Christian formation programs and preparing materials for reflections on different themes and this brings renewal to the faith of the Christians.
The Evangelizing Activities
Evangelization being understood in a holistic and integral manner, as bringing the Good news into all strata of humanity and through its influence transforming humanity from within and making it new, we therefore privilege a pastoral approach that is integral and inculturated, based on the teaching of the Second Vatican Council and the vision of the first African Synod of Church as family in the following ways:
• A caring and Evangelizing Family
• leadership involving everyone
• Dialogue and collaboration at all levels
And church as a Communion of Communities:
• Giving priority to small Christian Communities
• Centered on the word of God and the building of the kingdom,
• Integrating Faith and Life and people life seriously.
• Reading the signs the times
● Programs for ongoing formation are being implemented in the Diocese.
● Growing awareness and understanding of the Catholic Church faith by the laity
● Pastoral visioning and animation is being coordinated in all the Diocese based on the both the first and second African Synods
● More participation of the laity in the life and mission of the church
More Christians are participating in Peace and Justice.
1. National Pastoral Coordinator: Rev. Fr. Justin Matepa
Ordained priest on August 4th, 1996 for the Diocese of Mpika, Zambia. Holder of STL degree in Moral Theology; Diploma in Philosophy & Religious Studies; Certificate in Psychosocial Counselling.
2. National Liturgical Coordinator & Assistant- National Pastoral Coordinator: Rev. Fr. Boniface Sakala
back to departments