Most Rev. T-G. Mpundu, Archbishop of Lusaka and ZEC President
Born on 21st May 1945 in Kopeka Village, Kapatu Parish, Archdiocese of Kasama. Ordained Priest on 17th December 1972 at Kapatu. Appointed Bishop of the then Mbala Diocese on 14th April 1987. Episcopal Ordination on 21st June 1987. Appointed Coadjutor Archbishop of Lusaka on 1st October 2004, and at the same time Apostolic Administrator of the Diocese of Mpika. He took Canonical Possession of office of coadjutor Archbishop of Lusaka on 21st November 2004. He succeeded as Archbishop of Lusaka on 28th October 2006. On 25th November 2006 Archbishop Telesphore Mpundu was led to the Cathedral Chair of the Child Jesus, Pope Square.